HOME CARE SERVICES
- Provide personal care such as bathing, skin, and hair care.
- Aid with home management and light housekeeping.
- Help with grocery shopping and laundry.
- Assistance with meal planning and preparation.
- Assistance with rehabilitation and exercise therapy.
SKILLED NURSING SERVICES
- Evaluate client’s nursing needs.
- Provide any services requiring skilled nursing such as medication set-up, injections, blood draws, dressing changes, diabetic teaching and prefilling of insulin syringes, etc.
- Coordinate all services required by the client.
- Assist frail and elderly in long-term planning to stay home or nursing home placement.
- Client and family health education.
- Supervise Home Care Aides providing service.
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
HOME CARE NURSES
Registered nurses from the Wayne County Department of Public Health provide skilled home care for people with illness or have been in the hospital.
They keep your physician updated on your recovery, and perform skilled tasks such as drawing blood for lab tests, giving medicine by injection, caring for a wound, or teaching you and your family about your medications & treatments. Public health nurses help you return to your independent lifestyle, and are knowledgeable of resources in our community. They can also make referrals to several different agencies in the community.
Nursing services are funded by Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Affairs, private insurance, grants, and the Wayne County Board of Supervisors.
A public health nurse is always on call 24/7