Public Health Nursing
Public Health Nurses work in the community to provide gap filling services to our residents. This can include health promotion activities, health maintenance home visits, nursing visits, education, foot clinics, health screening and assessment, and immunizations for both adults and children.
- Public Health Nursing—Home Maintenance
- Care Coordination for elderly people needing help finding services to keep them safely in their homes longer
- Community health planning
- Community education
- Resource and referral information
- Communicable disease follow-up
WE BELIEVE THAT
Individuals and families have the right to make informed decisions regarding their health care and independence. Public Health nurses maintain, promote, and restore health through caring and working with other health care professionals.
Public Health nurses and home care aides live and work in your county. Public Health nurses and home care aides help preserve the well being of individuals and the community while serving people of all ages and socioeconomic status.
HOW ARE SERVICES FUNDED?
• Iowa Department of Public Health Grant
• Contractual Agreements
• Private pay/sliding fee scale based on ability to pay
• Other fees